Gov. Cuomo won’t ban trick or treating this Halloween

Halloween is about a month and a half away and some communities have already said that little ghosts and goblins won’t be hitting the streets for trick-or-treat.

But New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said his state will not be one of them.

Cuomo told News 12 Long Island he will not ban door-to-door trick-or-treating in New York.

“You have neighbors. If you want to go knock on your neighbor’s door, God bless you. I’m not going to tell you not to. If you want to go for a walk with your child through the neighborhood, I’m not going to tell you, you can’t take your child through the neighborhood. I’m not going to do that. I’ll give you my advice, and guidance and then you’ll make the decision what you do that night,” Cuomo told News 12.

Monday, there had been reports that an unnamed democratic lawmaker in New York claimed Cuomo had planned to cancel trick-or-treating in New York with the announcement coming at the end of September or beginning of October, according to the Niagra Falls Reporter.

New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy said last week that his state will also be marking Halloween, but admited that it won’t be the same as in past years, NJ.com.

amazon alexa

Enable our Skill today to listen live at home on your Alexa Devices!